Arriva Rail London had recently appointed a new HR Director who is a professional contact of Monocle International through working together over a 10-year period. Arriva Rail London are at the beginning of a transformation programme looking at both temporary, contract and permanent hires. This is a vital project as part of the wider groups planning activities towards talent and capability to create value through each stage of the hiring lifecycle. Arriva Rail London were looking for a partner who could demonstrate a real understanding of recruitment and of the sector, who could move at pace and deliver a large projects with multiple stakeholders involved.
- We visited ARL HQ in North West London on a 2-day trip to meet with senior stakeholders to get a view of the current situation and put a plan & strategy together to combat the current issues.
- Our initial assignment was a Head of Business Intelligence role for the Performance Team. Our approach was to carry out an executive search so that we could provide our best service and unearth the best talent for the interview stage. Due to my previous experience within the Business Intelligence / Data Analyst sector, we had a strong base from which to start the search and knew which organisations and type of person the client was looking for.
- Over the next two weeks, we worked tirelessly alongside our research division to create a targeted shortlist. We shortlisted 10 candidates which were then presented to ARL for review. Due to timescales, the client chose to interview the top 6 candidates.
- As with all of our executive search assignments, each candidate was met with personally to understand their situation in detail, the client’s requirement and the candidate’s background and capability. Our candidate assessment was one area that Arriva Rail felt was a particularly strong part of our partnership and the level of detail that we uncovered.
Arriva Rail London is the train operating company responsible for running the London Over-ground network under a Concession Agreement with Transport for London (TfL). The seven and half year concession commenced on 13 November 2016.
Working in partnership with TfL, Arriva Rail London will deliver further improvements for London Overground customers through more frequent services, new trains and improved interchanges as well as developing stations and lines to meet increasing passenger demand and to support new homes and jobs.
Arriva Rail London is part of the Arriva group, one of the leading providers of passenger transport in Europe. Arriva employs more than 60,000 people and delivers over 2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn (DB) and is responsible for DB's regional passenger transport services outside Germany.
My experience of working with Alex was excellent. He helped me get an offer within 3 weeks of submitting my CV to him. He went above and beyond to ensure I was prepared for my interview and provided an approachable, but professional service.
Route Performance Manager
Following the successful placement of the Head of Business Intelligence position in March 2018, we were asked to work on a larger scale critical project with an intake of four specialist hires across a variety of different functions.
The following roles have been successfully placed between March 2018 and July 2018;
- Head of Business Intelligence
- Strategic Planning Manager
- Planning & Diagramming Specialist
- Route Performance Manager x 2
- Talent Acquisition Manager
- Safety Improvement Manager
Each individual placed with Arriva Rail London has had a massive impact already. Notably, the Talent Acquisition Manager being given their own team within the first 2 weeks having been brought in to manage recruitment only.
The Head of Business Intelligence has become an integral part of the Continuous Improvement division with the work they have been doing, building a team of 1 up to a team of 4 in 5 months.
The Safety Improvement Manager has such a strong background and skillset that ARL will look at them to succeed the Head of HSE in the next few years.
Due to the success of each placement and the ever-growing business relationship with Arriva Rail London, we are being recommended to the HR & Recruitment teams who oversee the entire Arriva Group.
Pasta Foods is the UK’s only dried pasta and snack pellet manufacturer and have over 50 years’ experience in quality pasta and snack pellet manufacturing.
Based in East Anglia across two sites they create a wide range of high quality innovative snack pellets across a wide variety of formats.