The M&A market is notoriously difficult to hire in, and finding an M&A professional with the expertise to deliver sell side solutions in a highly competitive market, proved to be quite the challenge. As the business is increasing rapidly, they engaged Monocle International with the task of identifying candidates operating across all levels of seniority, in their London and New York offices. The M&A market at present is buoyant, many of Equiteq’s direct competitors are also hiring and offering candidates similar locations, conditions and exposure across M&A consulting. In addition, Equiteq is a boutique operation and we were searching in the same talent pool as larger M&A organisations.
- Following on from a meeting with the Senior Directors in the business, we were tasked with finding M&A professionals across all levels of seniority (Analyst – Vice President). We proposed a full market mapping exercise, identifying key competitors and those professionals working across M&A, specifically on the sell side.
- Given the large breadth of the M&A market, this was an extensive task, so we broke the search down with the client to ensure we approached the most relevant stakeholders and organisations.
- We spent the coming weeks mapping the companies agreed and finding over 500 individuals. We also identified Managing Directors to seek their professional expertise and recommendations of suitable individuals from their network.
- We provided a strategic and cultivated approach to headhunting individuals, selling the Equiteq brand and the roles we were recruiting for.
- At Monocle International, we pride ourselves on our Research services. We are able to engage and attract candidates that are not actively looking for new opportunities. We find that the best candidates are not very active in market and this is where our expertise is extraordinary. We were able to engage quality calibre candidates and get them to buy into the Equiteq brand and ethos.
- In addition, we were successfully able to contribute to Equiteq’s workforce planning, by creating a pipeline of individuals for future hires in the business, helping them achieve their future plans.
Established in 2005, Equiteq is a leading, global investment bank providing M&A sell side solutions and strategic options to owners of mid-market companies in knowledge-led industries, such as Technology, Media, Consulting, IT Services, Telecommunications and Healthcare. The business is headquartered in London, employing around 58 individuals.
Equiteq operate a pyramid hierarchy with set visionaries for individuals to progress, employees across all levels of the business have the support and scope to deliver innovate M&A solutions and the opportunity to progress and develop into more senior roles.
They have invested heavily to guarantee they have the knowledge and research for what buyers are looking for, they provide a service which is second to none, ensuring they are ahead of the market by providing innovative, real time and advanced solutions. Equiteq are on a strong upward trajectory, they are in the process of opening a new office in Paris and are invested in growing their American and European operations. They are really pushing the boundaries in terms of market deals, growth and accountability and leading from the front on this regard.
Sonya’s professional intuition enabled her to effectively identify me as a suitable candidate for the role she was mandated to fill. Her consultative approach is well judged which makes her a pleasure to work with. I recommend her in the highest possible terms.
Adam Tindall – Managing Director – Equiteq
- Significant hires have been made across America and Europe.
- Specifically a leader for the UK & Europe operations, CFO/COO in New York and further management hires are in the pipeline.
- Placements have been made to assist with the growth of the business and Equiteq are able to deliver high quality work to their clients with these new individuals in place.