- The BDM is responsible for managing technically strategic partnerships across Lesaffre UK & Ireland customers in order to help to deliver strong growth & success.
- This includes working closely with leading UK bakeries as well as bakeries with transnational presence.
- Specifically, this role will be responsible for developing business with existing key customers.
- The BDM therefore plays a critical role in developing opportunities across Key UK Bakeries, ensuring clear technical /innovation frameworks are in place as well as project management rigour and customer satisfaction.
- Improved technical / sales management of top 10/20 strategic customers
- Develop and improve relationships with technical Managers in key bakeries looking at how we can support them through NPD, innovation and production.
- Open & Develop a project & innovation pipeline for the customers.
- Focus on generation of new concepts, products and applications.
- Creating clear project plans in collaboration with the head of sales industry with defined timelines and business projections
- Compile monthly customer project dashboards illustrating progress and challenges.
- Business Case preparation for potential future investment initiatives.
- Develop key customer team’s expertise on specific subjects whilst identifying appropriate training & development needs.
- Conduct customer review and seminar/technical development sessions with key customers.
- Contribute to the budgetary planning and setting of key business objectives.
- Scope out and identify key trends and opportunities in the business and report these to management.
- Assist key customers with in-depth technical method analysis including:
- Identifying ingredient interactions and performance in customer recipes.
- Presenting results of analysis and propose adjustments to recipes or process.
- Support technical trials of given recommendations.
- PhD in bakery food science with a firm preference for bread fermentation focus.
- At least 3 years experience in project management of new baking product development (including sourdoughs).
- At least 5 years working in technical bakery support for industrial customers.
- High Level of Project management skills including process definition and improvement.
- Evidence of developing and applying technical solutions to bakery customer needs.
- Strong knowledge of industrial baking processes.
- Strong knowledge of raw material ingredients (including leavening ingredients).
- Strong knowledge of baking equipment.
- Skills in Planning and Reporting Skills to customer’s projects.
- Strong resilience and ability to work in a highly pressured environment whilst meeting deadlines as required.
- Influencing and excellent relationship building skills.
- Results & Change orientated.
Expected frequent travel to customer sites around the UK and Ireland, as well as the UK based Baking Centre.
Must also be available to travel to mainland Europe on a regular basis.
Unfortunately due to the anticipated high number of applications, we will not be able to respond to every applicant.
Closing date: Friday 3rd April 2020
Please apply by emailing your up to date CV and full package details to:
Chris Morgan (Managing Consultant – Executive Search: Consumer)
Unfortunately due to the volume of responses our team are unable to acknowledge every response and therefore if you do not hear from us within 14 days it is likely that your application has not been successful